The libraries listed below are renowned for their collections of bird books and historical archives. The archives and rarest books in these libraries can only be viewed by request to the librarian in charge. The links will take you to the libraries web page, with contact information for enquiries.
<NOTE: we are just starting to compile this list. Drop us a line if you know of a great ornithological library that’s not listed below>
- Blacker-Wood Collection in Zoology and Ornithology [McGill University]: founded in 1920 by Dr Casey Wood as an ornithological library this library eventually expanded to cover all of vertebrate zoology.
- Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) Libraries & Archives [University of Toronto Library System]
- Macaulay Library [Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology]:
- William Robertson Coe Ornithology Library [Peabody Museum at Yale University]:
- Acopian Center for Ornithology [
- Alexander Library of Ornithology [Oxford University]: